Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good Food Challenge: Day 4-7

Confession time... Here are the eats Thursday through Sunday of last week.

Tons of Salad.

THURSDAY (1,930c)

breakfast: Scrambled Egg Whites with Spinach, Cheese and Black Olives (460c)

morning snacking: Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (120c), Banana (100c)

lunch at my desk: Mixed Salad with Chicken Sausage (720c)

afternoon snacking: String Cheese (100c), Banana (100c)

dinner: Baked Sweet Potato with Cottage Cheese (280c), Pear (50c)



FRIDAY (2,270c)

pre run:  Larabar Cashew Cookie (210c)

post run: Lowfat Cottage Cheese with one scoop recovery power and a pear (400c)

lunch: Mixed Salad with Chicken Sausage (920c)

afternoon snacking: Starbucks Skinny Caramel Machiatto (170c)

dinner: Scrambled Egg Whites with a Baked Sweet Potato (570c)


SATURDAY (2,140c)

breakfast:  Greek Yogurt with Fruit (220c)

ride fuel: 2 Bananas, 2 Larabars Chocolate Brownie Dough, 1 Pear, 1.5 packs of Gel Blasts (880c)

lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad (560c)

dinner: Grilled Catfish on Kale (480c)


SUNDAY (1,880c)

pre run:  Larabar Cashew Cookie (210c)

post run: Smoothie with Chocolate Milk, Frozen Mixed Fruit and one scoop recovery powder (330c)

lunch: Grilled Catfish on Kale (570c)

afternoon snacking: Watermelon and String Cheese (140c)

dinner: Grilled Salmon and Sauteed Veggies (630c)




Nutritional split for the total week:


This was a great week for me and I was able to stick to my goals in general.

The only thing I really completely failed was the 40-30-30 ration (protein-carbs-fat) and I am not surprised, but I am just a little stumped on how I am supposed to reach this. Especially, because I don't eat a ton of meat and my tummy doesn't do well with processed soy products (tofu and the like).

Aside the ratio thing, I am very happy with how I stuck to it. And really still sticking with it as of today.... Okay, okay... Happy Cow is maybe not completely on the clean eating plan, but chocolate milk used as part of a recovery smoothie, I think it still kinda fits in! ;-)

While it was fairly easy for me to do this for one week, it certainly is nothing I would want to sustain for longer... BUUUUT: I feel it helped me to refocus on making better choices.

And more salad.

1 comment:

  1. beans?

    i dunno. supposedly spinach has 12g of protein per 100cals vs. ground beef has 10g per 100 cals. (per my googling skills)

    ReplyDelete