Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Food Challenge: Day 1-3

Well, I guess it's pretty easy, to post yourself a challenge already two days into the project. Takes the pressure a little off hmmm? Anyways, this is the reason, why it's already time for mid-week update on my "Good Food Challenge".

Here are the eats:


Kidding... This was a cupcake from the beach party themed BBQ on Saturday and yes, it tasted as good as it looked!

But now for real... Here are the eats so far.

MONDAY (2,050c)

pre swim: Bolthouse Protein Plus Shake (380c)

morning snacking: Watermelon (180c), Larabar Cashew Cookie (210c), Banana (100c)

lunch at my desk: homemade Quinoa Salad (540c)

afternoon snacking: Larabar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (220c), Banana (100c)

dinner: Mixed Salad with Tuna (320c)



TUESDAY (2,020c)

breakfast: Scrambles Egg Whites with Veggies (380c)

morning snacking: Grapes (120c), Larabar Cashew Cookie (210c)

lunch at my desk: Mixed Salad with Garbanzo Beans (610c)

afternoon snacking: Grapes (120c), Larabar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (220c)

dinner/ post ride recovery: Bolthouse Protein Plus Parfeit Smoothie (360c)



WEDNESDAY (1,900c)

pre run: Larabar Cashew Cookie (210c)

post run recovery: Bolthouse Protein Plus Shake (380c)

morning snack: pineapple (170c)

lunch at my desk: Mixed Salad with Tuna and Kidney Beans (790c)

dinner: Scrambled Egg Whites with Beans and Spinach (350c)



So far so good when it comes to calorie intake and the quality of food.

I am still way too carb heavy and have to find ways to fix that! This morning, I had a chat with Coach Katie on the way back from the track and we talked about some options to incorporate more protein into my diet and I will keep working on this. That chat also resulted in a grocery store stop after work and switching up my snacks starting tomorrow.

Also, I am sometimes avoiding raw veggies because I am worried it's going to lead to GI problems on my runs, but this morning's track workout went off without any tummy issues which makes me a little more confident in what my stomach is able to do... Knock on wood.

1 comment:

  1. i've been eating a lot more salad lately with no effect on my bowels while running thus far... knock on wood. (course, i tend to usually have bad timing during a run anyway, regardless of if i eat veggies or junk)

    what is the teddy graham laying on?

    ReplyDelete